Kid Approved Roasted BroccoliWednesday, February 11, 2015
From our skinny table to yours ...
We are firm believers that if you think you don't like vegetables, you are probably cooking them wrong. Boiled, steamed or microwaved ... honestly, all you're usually left with is overcooked, flavorless veggies, and even we wouldn't blame you for not eating them!
This is so simple to make too! Just add raw chopped broccoli, extra virgin olive oil, fresh grated garlic & minced onion to a bowl & toss to coat. Season with salt & pepper then pop it in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes and finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese ... done! & delicious!
Hope you & your family enjoy this one :)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 11.4 grams
Carbs: 8 grams
Dietary Fiber: 2.6 grams
Protein: 3.3 grams
4 cups chopped broccoli (about 2 crowns)
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves minced
1/4 white onion chopped
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste
Let's get cooking!
1. Add chopped broccoli, garlic and onion to a bowl.
2. Add EVOO & toss to coat. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Spread broccoli out on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes until it begins to brown.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan on hot broccoli & enjoy.
Makes 4 healthy portions!