Starting today click, stream and sweat for 30 days FREE with the all-new BeachBody on demand! Live stream workouts like TurboFire, ChaLean Extreme, P90X, INSANITY, Brazil Butt Lift, TurboFire ... and more :D
How does it work? The BeachBody club membership comes with a totally free 30 day trial ... pay nothing to try it out.
If we keep making 'springy' meals does that mean warmer weather will finally be here to stay? That's our plan and we're sticking to it ;)! This light and refreshing springtime meal is SO delicious and oh so easy. Does it get any better than a 4 ingredient sauce? UM.. don't think so!!
We start off by making our sauce in the food processor/blender. Simply toss in fresh mangos (obsessed this time of year) with lime juice, cilantro and honey and call it a day! We then sauté up our shrimp in coconut oil along with garlic and red chili flakes.. we LOVE the heat alongside the sweet! Broccoli went in the pan next for a veg and then we served this up over our favorite little grain, quinoa!!
We then topped this dish with fresh cilantro and a touch of pico de gallo! Talk about a pretty meal :) Hope you love as much as we do!
Nutrition facts per serving
Fat: 5.0 grams
Carbs: 55.3 grams
Dietary fiber: 6.3 grams
Protein: 33.9 grams
1 pound raw wild caught shrimp (deveined & tails removed)
1 tbsp. honey
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups broccoli florets
Handful of fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp. red chili flakes
1tbsp coconut oil/olive oil
1/2 cup pico de gallo (store bought or homemade) - homemade consists of tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice & garlic!
Let's get cooking!
1. Add mangos, honey, handful of fresh cilantro and juice from lime into food processor/blender and blend until smooth.
2. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
3. Add coconut oil to pan over medium heat and add shrimp, garlic and chili flakes. Cook shrimp until pink - approx. 3 minutes per side.
4. Add broccoli to pan and cook additional 2 minutes to soften.
5. Drop heat to low and add sauce to pan and mix to combine flavors . Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes to heat throughout.
6. Serve shrimp and mango sauce over quinoa.
7. Top each dish with freshly chopped cilantro and 2 tbsp. pico de gallo (we used store bought).