Pumpkin Turkey MeatballsThursday, October 31, 2013
From our skinny table to yours...
Are we taking our LOVE of pumpkin too far by spicing up our meatballs? Um, of course not! We love fall flavors, pumpkin especially. Our Pumpkin Turkey Meatballs are the perfect way to spice up your Halloween!
These meatballs are super easy to make as well! Simply start by sautéing up garlic, red onion, yellow pepper and baby organic spinach. Grab a mixing bowl and mix up your canned organic pumpkin with a hint of cinnamon. Add in your sautéed veggies, whole wheat panko and organic lean ground turkey! Spice these up a little more with nutty parmesan cheese and fragrant rosemary! That's it! One pound gave up 27 small balls!
We baked these to perfection and served them alongside our scrumptious and healthy Butternut Squash Ragu! We had a light lunch so went ahead and served this over ONE SERVING of whole wheat pasta. Feel free to go with Spaghetti Squash for a lighter version! Everything in moderation friends ;)
Happy Halloween! Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Serves: approx. 6
Serving size: 4 meatballs
Fat: 3.7 grams
Carbs: 12.9 grams
Dietary fiber: 3.1 grams
Protein: 20.2 grams
1 pound organic lean ground turkey
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
1 yellow pepper chopped
2 cups baby organic spinach
1/2 cup whole wheat panko
1 red onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. fresh rosemary minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 egg white
1 tbsp. parmesan cheese
Let's get cooking!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Add olive oil to sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes to soften. Add baby spinach and sauté until wilted.
3. Add pumpkin to mixing bowl with one tbsp. cinnamon. Mix well. Add ground chicken and stir to combine. Add sautéed veggies, one egg white, panko, parmesan cheese and rosemary. Mix to combine.
4. Portion out and roll up meatballs. We made 27 small meatballs.
5. Bake for 25 minutes - flipping halfway through.