Cashew Chinese Chicken Lettuce WrapsTuesday, April 09, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
We love to make our own take-out as we like to know exactly what goes into the food we are eating and feeding our families. Not to mention, it allows us to control the calorie count & keep the sodium in check!
Tonight we thought we would combine two of our favorite Chinese dishes, Asian chicken lettuce wraps & cashew chicken, and turn them into healthy & delicious Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
And at only 390 calories for a HUGE portion of delicious & nutritious Chinese cashew chicken, what could be better? Hope you enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat 14.3 grams
Carbs 41.3 grams
Dietary Fiber 4.2 grams
Protein 25.1 grams
1/2 pound chicken breast diced
3 bell peppers
4 celery stalks
1/2 white onion
4 garlic cloves
8oz can of sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup cashew nuts
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (2 tbsp & 1 tbsp)
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 tbsp Stir Fry Sauce (we use Kikkoman!)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 head Bibb lettuce
Let's get cooking!
1. Add olive oil to deep sauté pan and heat to medium high heat. Add diced chicken breast to pan and sauté 8-10 minutes until cooked through. Add 1 tbsp soy sauce and stir to coat, remove chicken and set aside.
2. Add diced onion and minced garlic to same pan and sauté 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Toss in chopped bell peppers, chopped celery, sliced water chestnuts and stir to combine.
4. Add chicken & cashew nuts back to pan.
5. Stir in remaining soy sauce, hoisin sauce and stir fry sauce to combine.
6. Dish cashew chicken into large serving bowl and serve alongside Bibb lettuce.
Makes 4 healthy portions :)