Asparagus Caprese SaladSunday, February 28, 2016
From our skinny table to yours...
We LOVE Caprese Salad & it's safe to say we are fresh mozzarella addicts (in moderation, of course)! We are sharing one of our favorite ways to enjoy this salad with a bonus veggie, asparagus! Not to mention the asparagus adds quite a layer to the presentation & we love a pretty plate ;)
How gorgeous to serve up at a BBQ? It will be Spring before we know it.. below freezing last week & this week we are up in the 60's!!! No complaints here :)
How did we plate this beauty, you ask? Simple. We piled sautéed garlic asparagus onto a plate and topped with the typical caprese acoutraments and added in sun-dried tomatoes! YUM :)
This pretty platter can easily be turned into a dinner too if you top with grilled chicken :)
We hope you love this one as much as we do!
Nutrition facts per serving
Fat: 13.9 grams
Carbs: 9.0 grams
Fiber: 2.6 grams
Protein: 15.5 grams
1 lb asparagus
1/2 lb Campari tomatoes
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp. balsamic glaze
2 tbsp. olive oil
handful basil leaves
Let's get cooking!
1. Add olive oil to pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and asparagus. Saute for approx. 3 minutes until tender crisp. Remove from heat and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into similar size pieces.
3. Layer asparagus onto serving plate.
4. Top with rows of mozzarella, tomato, mozzarella, tomato.. etc.
5. Top entire dish with sun-dried tomatoes, sliced basil
6. Drizzle with balsamic and serve!