Parmesan Garlic Shrimp over Spaghetti SquashMonday, August 31, 2015
From our skinny table to yours...
As excited as we are for all things PUMPKIN :) ... we are squeezing in as many summery meals as we can! Who loves dinner in under 30 minutes? We do and we know you will LOVE this one!
Today we are keeping it light and fresh with a lemony shrimp dish over our favorite 'noodles', spaghetti squash!
We hope you love this one as much as we did!
Nutrition facts per serving
Fat: 21.5 grams
Carbs: 20.2 grams
Fiber: 4.3 grams
Protein: 38.3 grams
1 pound of de-veined wild caught shrimp
2 spaghetti squash
2 cups grape tomatoes
3 garlic cloves minced
1 shallot minced
8 tbsp. parmesan cheese
handful fresh basil sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
Let's get cooking!
1. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Add squash to microwave safe dish, flesh side up and add one inch water to dish. Microwave for 15 minutes & then scrape out strands with fork.
2. While squash is cooking, remove tails from shrimp.
3. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil, garlic and shallot to pan over medium heat.
4. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 3 minutes per side (or until pink). Add juice from 2 lemons to pan and toss in grape tomatoes. Cook for an additional 3 minutes to roast tomatoes.
5. To serve 1 portion - scoop of strands from 1/2 squash, top with 1/4 shrimp, 1/4 tomatoes, 1/4 basil, 2 tbsp. of parm, juice from 1/2 lemon & a drizzle of olive oil.