How to Make Money BloggingTuesday, February 09, 2016
What is the one question we are constantly getting asked ...
So after countless emails, we wanted to write a post and share our story to help other bloggers along with those that are interested in getting started.
Last week, we opened up our inbox one morning to one of the BEST emails we have ever received.
WOW! Our eyes honestly were filled with tears and John, we can't thank you enough for taking the time to reach out to us and share your story. We are SO blessed to honestly love what we do and hearing stories like yours truly inspires us & motivates us to continue to grow and share our passion.
1. Find your passion. Don't blog just to blog. While your friends & family may love seeing picture after picture of your adorable kids (which we totally get!), that's what Facebook is for. This should offer something extra. What are you an expert in? What do your friends & family come to you for advice for? What are your hobbies? What do you read/research/search pinterest about for fun? Start there and let it build.
2. Incorporate a home-based business. THIS for us has been our gold mine and how we make most of our money. We spent countless hours, days, weeks trying to figure out what the best fit for us would be. If your passion involves health, fitness, clean eating, recipes, working out ... we can not recommend Beachbody health coaching enough. First, we are as passionate about the products and the results we've had with their products as we are about clean eating so it was such a natural fit. Beachbody has allowed us to position ourselves as fitness leaders, gives us TONS of products to review as they are release new workouts several times a year, compliments our passion & our WHY and has given us the opportunity to earn a substantial income while doing what we love.
If you're interested in learning more about incorporating Beachbody into your blog or business, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Make Money Blogging' and we can chat or you can fill out our application and we will get in touch with you shortly!
Again, we highly suggest finding YOUR passion and a business that strongly aligns with your mission. You do not want your blog to be full of ads, pop ups, products so find a company that fits your mission and adds value to what you already offer.
3. Hosting your site. We use Blogger to host our website ... which is FREE! WIN! You can start a completely free blog today over at Blogger.com today but please, pay the $10 a year to host your site as IDontGototheGym.com VS. IDontGototheGym.blogger.com.
4. Hire a designer and brand yourself. If you save money through hosting, spend on design services. We highly recommend Ashley over at Hello Big Idea. She designed our blog and is absolutely fantastic to work with. You can find start-up designers on Etsy as well that are super talented but crazy reasonable ... just spend the time to find a designer that talks to you and your brand.
We're not talking about spending thousands (this is about making money), but a small investment in your company will pay itself back over and over again. Not only does your blog need to represent YOU, you want it to look professional, especially if you're just starting out! ... remember you are competing with millions of other bloggers. Readers not only want to love what they are reading but love what they are seeing and you want to ensure it completely captures your personality vs. being a generic template.
5. Post 5+ times a week when getting started. To gain loyal followers, you need to give them a reason to keep coming back. You should post a minimum of 4-5 times a week when just starting out. Create a plan and stick to it. If you're looking to start a health, fitness & food blog (like ours!), a good formula would be 2 recipes a week + a favorite healthy product, a quick workout, a health benefit post, a recipe from another site you tried and love (be sure to credit the site & share a link to the original recipe!).
And finally ... GET SOCIAL! Share, share, share your blog everywhere. Comment on other blogs, share on Facebook, connect with others via social media, pin your own posts, join blog hops to connect with other like-minded bloggers. And reach out to blogs that would have a similar following and see if you could be a guest blogger! It will introduce you to their readers (more followers for you!) AND give the blog owner a chance to share valuable content with their followers - WIN WIN!
QUESTIONS?! Reach out to us at email@example.com :)