Mango GazpachoTuesday, August 11, 2015
From our skinny table to yours ...
OK, it's official. We are mango obsessed! If you haven't noticed ;) Continuing the deliciousness, boy do we have a fruity treat for you today!
During the hot month of August, there is nothing better than a cool bowl of summer soup. We added fresh mango to our version of the always popular gazpacho for a sweet note & finished it off with spicy jalapeno.
The best part? There is NO actual cooking involved for those hot summer days. Fresh, raw food pulsed in the blender for about 30 seconds & you're done!
This is the perfect light lunch with a couple organic blue corn tortilla chips, a delicious appetizer or a complete dinner served with Mexican salad, ceviche or fajitas. Hope you enjoy this one as much as we did!
Nutrition Facts per Serving
Makes 4 servings
Fat: .8 grams
Carbs: 30.5 grams
Dietary Fiber: 4.5 grams
Protein: 2.9 grams
3 vine ripe tomatoes
1 green bell pepper
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp red onion
1 cup of low sodium tomato juice
Handful of fresh cilantro
Jalapeno to garnish
Salt & pepper to season
Let's get cooking!
1. Carefully remove skin from tomatoes by sitting tomato on counter and cutting along the outside of fruit.
2. To blender, add one chopped mango, cucumber chunks, chopped bell pepper, garlic cloves & chopped red onion. Pour in tomato juice. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
3. And handful of fresh cilantro (reserve 2 tbsp to garnish) and pulse 30 seconds to combine.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to chill & let the flavors combine.
5. Dice remaining mango & slice jalapeno to garnish.
6. Pour cold soup into bowl & top with mango, jalapeno to taste & fresh cilantro.
Makes 4 healthy portions!