Mango Cocoa Quinoa Breakfast BarsTuesday, August 04, 2015
From our skinny table to yours...
We recently asked our fabulous followers on our facebook page to challenge us with recipe re-do's for us to skinnify! You asked for granola bars and today we are delivering with our version of the 'Kind' bar!
The prep for these bars takes all of 10 minutes before you pop them in the oven and have breakfast on hand for the whole week! The base to our bars is simply uncooked quinoa, coconut oil, oats and peanut butter! So take that base and run with it! We added mango (of course), pecans, unsweetened cocoa powder, mashed banana, unsweetened coconut, vanilla extract and a touch of raw honey for added natural sweetener.
We keep these bars in the fridge after baking and store for the whole week so we have a quick go-to breakfast on hand! Despite our hubs not liking quinoa (crazy, right?), these happen to be hubby approved!!
We LOVE knowing exactly what we are putting into our bodies! SO many breakfast bars are packed with added sugar and preservatives! No worries here!
Hope you enjoy :)
Nutrition facts per serving
Fat: 6.0 grams
Carbs: 18.7 grams
Dietary fiber: 2.6 grams
Protein: 3.3 grams
1 cup whole grain oats
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
2 tbsp. peanut butter
1 banana mashed
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 mango chopped
1/2 cup pecans chopped
2 tbsp. honey
2. tbsp. unsweetened coconut
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
*optional - 2 tbsp. flax seed*
Let's get cooking!
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a bowl mix uncooked quinoa, uncooked oats, peanut butter and melted coconut oil.
3. Add vanilla extract, cocoa powder and honey.
4. Fold in mango chunks, pecans, coconut and mashed banana.
5. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil.
6. Press mixture down onto greased baking sheet.
7. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool and then cut into 12 bars.
Hope you enjoy!