Caprese OmeletteTuesday, August 18, 2015
From our skinny table to yours...
Today we are bringing you a breakfast that is just as delicious as it is GORGEOUS! We could eat caprese style all day everyday so today we are mixing it up in an omelette!
We know there is NO time in the morning to get out the apron and the kitchen tools to get all fancy, but no worries this breakfast comes together in under 10 minutes!
We are simply stuffing our omelette with mozzarella cheese, juicy garden tomato (we have an over abundance) and fresh basil! Presto! You're done :)
Pretty right?! Hope you enjoy this one as much as we all did :)
Nutrition facts per serving
Fat: 18.3 grams
Carbs: 2.4 grams
Protein: 14.9 grams
2 eggs/1 tbsp. water
1 slice tomato (chopped)
2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. fresh basil
1 tbsp. EVOO
Cracked black pepper
Let's get cooking!
1. Add olive oil to pan over medium heat. Whip eggs together with 1 tbsp. water & black pepper. Add egg mixture to pan.
2. Allow to cook for apple 3 minutes or until eggs start to firm up. While eggs are still runny add filling to one side (as shown above) - mozzarella cheese, tomato & half of fresh basil.
3. Use spatula to fold egg into omelette form.
4. Continue cooking for an additional minute then remove from heat gently as to not break.
5. Garnish with remaining fresh basil.