Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Cabbage SlawThursday, July 09, 2015
From our skinny table to yours ...
Is there anything better than fish tacos in the summer? Fresh fish, summer slaw, creamy avocado, fruity mango, a skinny margarita & a gorgeous sunset is absolute perfection to us.
We top our fish tacos with jalapeno cabbage slaw and it is so so good. Crisp & crunchy from the cabbage, spicy from the jalapeno with the perfect tang to finish thanks to lime zest, fresh lime juice & a splash of red wine vinegar.
We used wild caught cod but any fresh, wild caught mild white fish works perfect! We marinated it in the fresh zest and juice of a lemon & lime and seasoned it simply with himalayan pink sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
We wrapped our fresh fish in a crisp lettuce wrap and topped it with our slaw with fresh mango & avocado to finish. Hope you enjoy this one!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 17.4 grams
Carbs: 31.3 grams
Dietary Fiber: 9.6 grams
Protein: 18.5 grams
1 pound wild caught cod
1 head bib lettuce
1 small head red cabbage
1 small red onion
1 large jalapeno
1 bunch of cilantro
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp EVOO
Let's get cooking!
1. Place fish in a shallow bowl and cover with zest and juice of one lemon and lime. Season with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime, thinly slice cabbage head and place in large bowl.
3. To cabbage, add thinly sliced (in strips) jalapeno and sliced red onion. Add red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp EVOO and juice and zest of remaining lime. Stir to combine.
4. Stir in freshly chopped cilantro to slaw and cover & refrigerate.
5. To large saute pan, add remaining EVOO. Heat to medium high heat then add fish to pan. Cook on each side for 5-6 minutes until fish is flaky then gently break apart.
6. While fish cooks, dice avocado and mango to top.
7. Rinse bib lettuce and separate leaves.
8. To each lettuce leaf, add fish and top with slaw & avocado and mango.
Makes 4 healthy servings!