Chili Chicken Mango 'Nachos'Sunday, July 26, 2015
From our skinny table to yours ...
We recently asked our lovely followers on our Facebook page if there were any guilty pleasure recipes we could skinnify for you all, so here it is ... guilt-free chicken nachos! Deeelicious & hubby approved ;)
We swapped out the typical friend tortillas for crunchy sweet mini bell peppers. We always have mini peppers on hand as our kids love them for snacking & dipping in hummus. We stuffed these with a fruity combination of grilled chili chicken mixed with our mango salsa. If you haven't noticed, we are mango obsessed these days ;)
Top these bite sized beauties off with organic cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes until warmed through & crispy. After you try these, you may never order nachos out again!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 14.3 grams
Carbs: 22.2 grams
Dietary Fiber: 4.2 grams
Protein: 24.5 grams
1 pound bag of mini bell peppers
2 tbsp EVOO
1/2 pound of grilled chicken
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 pint of grape tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped red onion
1 large garlic clove minced
8 tbsp fresh cilantro (plus extra to garnish!)
4 tbsp cheddar cheese
Juice of one lime
Let's get cooking!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice bell peppers in half length wise. Toss with 1 tbsp EVOO and arrange on baking sheet. Place peppers in over for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, season chicken with chili powder and cumin. Heat grill pan to medium heat and add in remaining EVOO. Grill chicken for 7-8 minutes on each side until cooked through.
4. Dice mango, tomatoes, red onion, garlic & cilantro and add to bowl. Stir in the juice of one lime.
5. Dice chicken into bite sized pieces and mix into mango salsa.
6. Stuff pepper halves with mango chicken filling and top with cheddar cheese.
7. Bake for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melted, garnish with additional fresh cilantro!
Makes 4 healthy portions :)