Clean Blueberry Oat Morning MuffinsThursday, January 22, 2015
From our skinny table to yours...
We LOVE having a quick go-to breakfast ready and waiting for us, as we are certainly not morning people ;)! We thought we would test out our baking skills this morning and give 'clean' muffins a try! Holy yum were these muffins delish! We have never been the BEST bakers so we really thought we would have to give this more than one try... but nope, we nailed it!! Best part is they don't even taste like you're eating health food!
These super healthy clean muffins are also grain free! No need to feel guilty after this breakfast :) Enjoy!
Nutrition facts per serving
Serving size: 1 muffin
Fat: 4.4 grams
Carbs: 18.5 grams
Dietary fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 4.8 grams
2 cups quick oats
1 vanilla greek yogurt
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup applesauce
2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
Let's get cooking!
1. Add oats to food processor and pulse into 'flour' like.
2. Add chopped bananas, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, coconut oil, extract and baking powder to the oats in food processor and blend until it becomes a smooth batter like consistency.
3. Take batter out of processor and mix in blueberries.
4. Grease muffin tin with melted coconut oil. Scoop out batter into muffin tin.
5. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.