Turkey Quinoa Taco WrapsMonday, June 10, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
Tonight we're making our ground turkey & quinoa taco lettuce wraps and this taco filling recipe is a winner! If you haven't tried quinoa yet, this is the perfect recipe to introduce it to your family as quinoa blends perfectly with lean ground meat. To cut the meat even more, we packed this stuffing with protein packed black beans and sweet corn.
Happy taco night!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat 13.4 grams
Carbs 40 grams
Dietary Fiber 8.6 grams
Protein 23.4 grams
1/2 pound 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 cup dry quinoa
8 oz black beans
8 oz corn
1 bunch cilantro
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 head romaine lettuce
Salt & pepper
Let's Get Cooking!
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Add olive oil to deep saute pan and heat to medium high heat. Add ground turkey to pan and saute until browned.
3. Stir in cooked quinoa, corn and black beans.
4. Add cumin, chili pepper & cayenne and stir to combine. Mix in half your cilantro, season with salt & pepper and add in juice of one lime.
5. Dice tomatoes and mix with remaining cilantro. Stir in juice & zest of remaining lime.
6. Serve up taco filling in romaine lettuce leaf and top with tomato salsa.
Make 4 healthy servings, enjoy!