Grilled Chicken with Peach Ginger ChutneyTuesday, April 16, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
If you liked our Pork Chops with Mango Chutney, you'll love this dish! Tonight we're making orange grilled chicken topped with a peach ginger chutney. One of our favorite ways to serve up lean protein is to top it with a fresh salsa or fruity chutney. They are so deliciously simple, fresh & healthy!
Hope you enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 7.9 grams
Carbs: 14.3 grams
Dietary Fiber: 1.8 grams
Protein: 38 grams
1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp brown sugar
1 poblano pepper
1 inch ginger root
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt & pepper
Let's get cooking!
1. Heat grill pan to medium high heat and add olive oil. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic & onion and grill on each side about 5 minutes until cooked through. Add one tbsp orange juice to pan and toss chicken to combine.
2. Add diced peach, minced garlic, minced ginger, finely chopped shallot & chopped poblano to small pot on medium low.
3. Add remaining orange juice, vinegar & brown sugar to pan.
4. Simmer chutney for 10 minutes to thicken.
5. Plate up chicken, top with peach chutney and enjoy!
Makes 4 healthy portions :)