Chicken Fajita Salad with Cilantro Lime VinaigretteThursday, April 04, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
We love to skinny down our favorite foods! Tonight we're turning one of our Mexican favorites, chicken fajitas, into a hearty and healthy salad.
Hope you enjoy :)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (including the dressing!)
Fat 23.4 grams
Carbs 28 grams
Dietary Fiber 9.8 grams
Protein 44.5 grams
1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
1 package of baby spinach (10oz)
1 can of no salt added corn
2 bell peppers (we used one red & one orange for color!)
1/2 red onion sliced
1 jalapeño pepper sliced
1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 bunch of cilantro
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp brown sugar
Salt & Pepper
Let's get cooking!
1. Add one tbsp olive oil to grill pan and heat to medium high heat. Add chicken breast and grill for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Before removing chicken, squeeze juice from half the lime into pan to coat. Set aside.
2. Add corn for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Set aside. Grill jalapeño pepper for 60 seconds to warm through.
3. Slice bell peppers and onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes until tender crisp. Set aside.
4. Chop tomatoes and combine with 1/4 of your cilantro and the juice of half a lime.
5. To make dressing, combine cilantro, olive oil, juice of 2 limes, vinegar, garlic powder, onion power, brown sugar, salt & pepper. Pulse in blender to combine.
6. Plate up spinach, corn, peppers & onions, chicken, tomatoes and top with 1 tbsp of cheddar cheese. Serve up with 1/4 of your dressing on the side & enjoy :)
Makes 4 healthy portions!