Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken & Veggies Stir FryTuesday, March 26, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
Sticking with the sneak more veggies into your family theme, tonight we're making a teriyaki pineapple chicken & veggies stir fry served over brown rice. And this is our kind of dinner! When eating mostly vegetables, you get such a BIG portion for the calories. This entire dish, including the rice, comes in at 441 calories but it would be just as delicious without the carbs for just 269 calories! Your call, we went for the rice tonight :)
We started by sautéing up garlic, onions and lean chicken breast. Our veggies consisted of carrots, pea pods, red cabbage and cauliflower which was a delicious and beautiful color combination. You need one cup of veggies per person so feel free to use your favorites here. We topped this off with fresh pineapple chunks which was the perfect compliment to our orange teriyaki sauce. YUM!
Nutrition Facts Per Servings
Calories: 441 (269 calories without brown rice)
Fat: 6.7 grams
Carbs: 53.8 grams
Dietary Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 41. 7 grams
1 pound chicken breast cut into bit sized pieces
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1/4 cup teriyaki
1/4 cup orange juice (3 tbsp & 1 tbsp)
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup pea pods
1 cup red cabbage
1 cup cauliflower
1 cup pineapple
4 garlic cloves
1/4 white onion
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Let's get cooking!
1. Cook brown rice according to package directions.
2. Add olive oil to deep sauté pan and heat to medium high heat. Add minced garlic, chopped onion and chicken breast. Cook 7-8 minutes until cooked through. Add one tbsp orange juice to pan and stir to glaze chicken then remove from pan.
3. Toss veggies into pan and cook 3-4 minutes until tender crisp. Add orange juice and teriyaki and stir to combine.
4. Add chicken & pineapple back to pan and cook an additional 60 seconds.
5. Plate up brown rice and top with chicken & veggies.
Makes 4 healthy portions!