Scampi Style Crab Pasta with Asparagus & Grape TomatoesTuesday, March 19, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
Who says date night has to be saved for Friday or Saturday night? Tonight we're cooking up a romantic dinner for two just as delicious as your favorite Italian restaurant but at a fraction of the fat & calories.
We are serving this up with a crisp glass of Chardonnay. A glass of wine has about 115 calories & on date night, it's definitely worth the calories! Just make sure to drink water throughout the day as we typically don't like to drink our calories but we believe everything is ok in moderation.
Hope you enjoy this one & cheers to getting in an extra cardio workout tonight ;)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 6.2 grams
Carbs: 63.3 grams
Dietary Fiber: 11 grams
Protein: 26.1 grams
8 oz crab meat (we used canned)
4 oz whole wheat angel hair pasta
1/2 pound asparagus
1/2 pint grape tomatoes
3 garlic cloves minced
1/4 white onion finely chopped
1 tsp butter
1 tsp Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 tsp dried parsley
Let's Get Cooking!
1. Add butter to deep saute pan and bring to medium heat. Add the garlic & onions and saute for 5 minutes until fragrant.
2. Zest two of the lemons and add to saute pan. Add the juice of all three lemons & white wine and reduce to low heat.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions and reserve 2 tbsp of the starchy pasta water.
4. Chop asparagus and add to saute pan. Cook 4-5 minutes until tender crisp.
5. Finger comb through crab meat to ensure there are no pieces of shell. Then stir in crab meat & add grape tomatoes to saute pan.
6. Stir in pasta water, parsley & parmesan cheese into sauce. Simmer for 60 seconds to combine flavors.
7. Dish pasta into 2 bowls & top with crab meat scampi sauce. Serve immediately!
Makes 2 healthy portions :)