Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken & VeggiesWednesday, March 13, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
Tonight we're making a super simple roasted chicken & veggie supper. Not only is this easy to prepare but it's a one dish meal which means easy cleanup & we love that!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 8.3 grams
Carbs: 22.1 grams
Dietary Fiber: 6.8 grams
Protein: 27.8 grams
1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
2 yellow squash
1/2 pound Brussel sprouts
1/2 pound carrots
5 garlic cloves
1/2 white onion
Handful fresh basil
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp of dry white wine (can be omitted if you don't have it on hand)
Salt & Pepper
Let's Get Cooking!
1. Slice 2 lemons and both squash and place in baking dish. Add peeled and sliced carrots.
2. Chop off the bottom end of each brussel sprout and peel off outer leaves. Toss in baking dish.
3. Mince garlic, slice onion and thinly slice basil leaves and mix with veggies.
4. Top with chicken and season dish with salt & pepper.
5. Add olive oil, white wine & juice of remaining lemon & toss to combine.
6. Preheat over to 400 degrees and bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Plate up & enjoy!
Makes 4 healthy portions :)
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4945139/?claim=mwdujrbhf7h">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>