Pork Chops with Mango Poblano ChutneyThursday, March 28, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
Tonight we're cooking up dinner in under 20 minutes! Is there anything better than good food fast? 'Fast food' certainly doesn't have to mean going through the drive-through of shame. Stick with us and you'll be sitting down to a healthy, delicious meal in no time.
Tonight we are making our grilled pork chops with mango poblano chutney. Chutneys are a wonderful topping to spice up the typically bland white meat, chicken or pork, but are super simple to make. We put a bit of a twist on the typical chutney (which consists of fruit, vinegar & sugar) to keep it healthy and fresh. We used mango, pineapple, white balsamic vinegar, lime juice and just a teaspoon of brown sugar. We finished this off with a poblano pepper for the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 7.7 grams
Carbs: 19 grams
Dietary Fiber: 2.2 grams
Protein: 30.6 grams
1 pound boneless pork chops (4 chops)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp brown sugar
1 cup pineapple (we used canned!)
1 poblano pepper
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp chopped red onion
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp pineapple juice
Salt & pepper
Let's get cooking!
1. Heat grill pan to medium high heat and add olive oil. Season chops with salt & pepper and grill on each side about 5 minutes until cooked through.
2. Add chopped mango, chopped pineapple, chopped poblano, diced garlic and red onion to small pot on medium low.
3. Add juice of one lime, vinegar and pineapple juice to pot.
4. Simmer mango chutney for 10 minutes to thicken.
5. Plate up pork chops, top with mango chutney and enjoy!
Makes 4 healthy portions :)