Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Cilantro Jalapeño PestoMonday, March 11, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
It's finally starting to feel like Spring! Warmer weather and longing days mean more walks outside & letting the hubs help a bit with dinner by firing up the grill! Tonight we're taking advantage and making our grilled chicken kebabs with cilantro jalapeño pesto. But of course, these would be just as delicious using an indoor grill pan :)
Hope you enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 11.2 grams
Carbs: 8.7 grams
Dietary Fiber: 2.9 grams
Protein: 39.5 grams
1 pound chicken breast
1 handful fresh cilantro
3 large garlic cloves chopped
1 jalapeño pepper chopped
1/4 cup pistachio nuts
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
Let's Get Cooking!
1. To make pesto, add cilantro, garlic, jalapeño & pistachio nuts to food processor. Add in juice of two limes, vinegar & olive oil and pulse until smooth.
2. Cut chicken into bite size pieces and coat with half the pesto. Marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Slide 1/4 of the chicken onto each skewer.
4. Grill on medium heat for 7-8 minutes flipping halfway through.
5. Serve up with remaining pesto on the side for extra dipping. Enjoy :)
Makes 4 healthy portions!