BBQ Chicken PizzaWednesday, March 06, 2013
From our skinny table to yours...
We could eat pizza every night and we love all the different unique flavor combinations available these days. One of our favorites is California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken pizza. But at 310 calories for 1 small slice of theirs, we knew we could do better!
We started with one of our favorite skinny substitutions, swapping out the heavy pizza dough for a whole wheat tortilla. This gives everyone their own individual pizza which is super satisfying & a huge help in portion control. We top each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce (double check the calorie count in your favorite brand!) then layer on grilled chicken, pineapple, roasted red peppers, red onion, part skim mozzarella cheese and fresh cilantro. These are the perfect balance of savory & sweet and one of our new favorites!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 6.2 grams
Carbs: 35.6 grams
Dietary Fiber: 4.1 grams
Protein: 26.3 grams
4 whole wheat tortillas (check the calorie count on your brand, ours had 110 calories per tortilla!)
1/2 pound chicken breast
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup canned diced pineapple (make sure it's in juice not syrup)
1 tbsp pineapple juice
1 roasted red pepper
1/2 red onion sliced
1/2 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Handful of fresh cilantro
Salt & Pepper
Let's get cooking!
1. Season chicken with salt & pepper.
2. Heat grill pan over medium high heat and add chicken breast. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side. Once cooked through, add pineapple juice to pan and stir chicken to glaze. Remove chicken from pan and dice.
3. Dice pineapple chunks, chop roasted red pepper, thinly slice red onion and chop cilantro.
4. Add one tbsp BBQ sauce to each tortilla. Add 1/4 of your chicken, pineapple, roasted red pepper and red onion.
5. Top each pizza with 2 tbsp of mozzarella cheese and finish with cilantro.
6. Place each pizza on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400 degree over for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Makes 4 healthy portions :)