Balsamic Chicken with Spinach & PeppersWednesday, March 20, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
One of our favorite skinny tricks is to remake our favorite dishes we order out at home. We can never believe the calorie count attached to some restaurant meals. Especially the ones that sound healthy! Our at home slimmed down suppers taste just as good (if not better!) knowing we are chowing down on a fraction of the fat & calories.
Tonight we're remaking one of our favorite dishes at The Cheesecake Factory, Balsamic Grilled Chicken Medallions. Their version has a whopping 1410 calories ... that's close to a whole day's worth of calories! But you can happily eat our version which comes in at just 287 calories per serving.
We start by browning up one pound of thinly sliced boneless skinless breast. We love to add flavor with herbs, spices, vinegar ... anything other than butter or cream! With this one, we splash in a touch of balsamic vinegar when cooking the chicken for the perfect low calorie glaze.
Hope you enjoy :)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 12 grams
Carbs: 5.7 grams
Dietary Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 39.6 grams
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
4 garlic cloves
1 bag of fresh baby spinach
2 red bell peppers chopped into bite size pieces
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (1 tbsp & 3 tbsp)
2 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
Salt & Pepper
Let's Get Cooking!
1. Season thinly sliced chicken with salt & pepper. Add one tbsp olive oil to deep sauté pan and heat over medium high heat. Add chicken to pan & cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
2. Remove chicken & set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil to pan. On medium heat, add the garlic, spinach and chopped bell pepper. Sauté for 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add remaining balsamic vinegar & chicken broth. Stir to combine.
5. Add chicken back into sauté pan and simmer sauce for 5 minutes to let flavors combine.
6. Plate up & enjoy!
Makes 4 healthy portions :)