Avocado Topped Turkey BurgerFriday, March 01, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
Doesn't everyone just want a burger sometimes? Us included! But to skip the guilt, we swap out the calorie packed ground beef for 93% lean ground turkey! Now we know what you're thinking ... turkey burger = dry & unflavorful. Hold that thought and just wait until you try these!
This burger is packed with sautéed veggies which makes it so juicy & delicious. We start by cooking up garlic, onion and roasted red peppers. We mix in tons of fresh parsley, an egg white, a splash of skim milk and a touch of panko to hold our moist burger patties together. And no cheese or mayo needed here! We top these with a juicy thick tomato slick and creamy ripe avocado to finish.
We served these up with a side of homemade sweet potato fries for the perfect guilt free burger & fries combo. To make the fries just slice up a sweet potato into thin strips, toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 425 for about 30-40 minutes.
Hope you enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Fat: 18.1 grams
Carbs: 33.5 grams
Dietary Fiber: 9.4 grams
Protein: 29.8 grams
1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 white onion diced
3 garlic cloves
1 roasted red pepper (we used jarred!)
Handful fresh parsley
1 egg white
1 tbsp skim milk
1/3 cup panko
I beefsteak tomato
4 whole wheat rolls
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
Let's get cooking!
1. Add 1 tsp olive oil to pan and heat to medium heat. Add garlic, onion and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add ground turkey to a mixing bowl and mix in sautéed veggies. Add chopped fresh parsley, egg white, skim milk and panko and mix together. Form 4 burger patties.
3. In the same sauté pan you cooked your veggies in, add your burger patties. Cook on medium high heat for 5-7 each side.
4. Slice beefsteak tomato and avocado into thin slices.
5. Top each roll with one burger patty, one tomato slice and 1/4 of your avocado.
Makes 4 healthy portions!