Baked Buffalo ShrimpMonday, February 04, 2013
From our skinny table to yours ...
Didn't get your fill of buffalo during the Super Bowl? You're in luck because tonight we are making our Baked Buffalo Shrimp. Our version has all the crunch of fried shrimp, all the kick we crave from buffalo wings but only 244 calories per serving!
To make these, we start by coating our shrimp in an egg, skim milk & hot sauce wash then coat them in a healthy covering of crispy panko. Drizzle these with extra virgin olive oil and bake them until golden brown. We cover these in tons of calorie free (yes, you read that correct!) buffalo hot sauce! Serve these up with a side salad for the perfect dinner combination :)
Hope you enjoy!
1 pound shrimp (peeled & deveined)
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup Panko
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Hot Sauce to taste (we use Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce)
Let's get cooking!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together egg, skim milk & one tbsp of hot sauce.
3. Dip shrimp in egg wash, coat in panko and place on a non stick baking sheet. Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil to help get a delicious crunchy coating.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes flipping halfway through. Switch the oven to the broil setting and cook for 2 additional minutes (shrimp will be pink throughout when cooked through).
5. Coat your shrimp liberally in hot sauce.
Serves 4 healthy portions!